This light and creamy pasta dish is sure to be a dinnertime crowd pleaser.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 links Greenridge Farm Feta & Spinach Chicken Sausage, cut into ½ inch disks
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling water. Strain, then set aside.
- In a in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add red onion and garlic and cook, stirring often for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sausage, and oregano; stir to combine.
- Add white wine and simmer, stirring often, until white wine has reduced by half.
- Add the cream and continue simmering, stirring often for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cream has reduced and thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt and pepper then add pasta. Stir to combine and fully coat pasta. Serve immediately.
Share recipe with friends: