These health-conscious chicken sausage zucchini boats make an excellent appetizer or a delicious gluten-free entree fit for any occasion!
Yield: 12 servings
- 4 large zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise, de-seeded
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 cup Greenridge Farm Kale and Asiago Chicken Sausage, diced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped herbs, optional for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Saute chopped garlic until fragrant.
- Add in diced onion and stir until onions begin to soften slightly.
- Add the Greenridge Farm Kale & Asiago Chicken Sausage to the pan, stirring occasionally (about 2 minutes).
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add in Parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese begins to melt. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and de-seed creating a boat shape.
- Fill boats with skillet mixture and top with extra Parmesan if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with herbs (optional) and serve warm.
Share recipe with friends: