Nothing warms you up better than Andouille Sausage Gumbo on a cold night! Make our recipe in the morning and have it ready for family dinner time!
- 4 Greenridge Farm Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1lb chicken breast
- 1lb shrimp, raw and shells removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cajun spice
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/3 cups rice, cooked
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker, except for the shrimp and the rice. After 15 min remove the chicken, shred it and place it back into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours, stir occasionally.
- Add the shrimp to the slow cooker one hour before it is done.
- Toss in the rice to the slow cooker half an hour before it is done, stir and replace lid for remaining half hour.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Share recipe with friends: