Perfect for elevating a summer cookout or a simple way to throw together a delicious dish. This mix of sweet and savory skewers is an easy go-to for anyone’s weekly rotation.
1.25 lbs raw, tail off shrimp (if frozen, thaw ahead)
1 lb pineapple, cut into cubes
1 (4 pack) Greenridge Farm Andouille Sausage
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 3/4 teaspoons paprika
1 3/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 3/4 teaspoons oregano
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like extra spice)
1. Toss all spices for cajun seasoning in a small bowl
2. In a medium bowl coat shrimp in olive oil and cajun seasoning
3. Slice sausages in 1/4 inch thick pieces
4. On grill safe skewers assemble starting with 1 piece of pineapple, 2 slices of sausage, 2 pieces of shrimp and repeat until skewer is filled
*note if using bamboo skewers make sure they are sturdy and soak in water overnight
5. Arrange skewers on a cookie sheet with parchment, cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to grill (you can make skewers up to 24 hours ahead)
6. Get grill to 350˚F, cook skewers about 2 minutes per side until you see a nice char and shrimp is just past translucent.
7. Remove skewers from grill and slide pieces of onto a serving dish.
*Makes about 6-8 skewers depending on size of stick
Share recipe with friends: