Don’t tell grandma, but we made a pasta sauce that will rock your socks. Made with just a few simple ingredients and some easy preparation, you’ve got yourself a new sauce recipe for pasta night with the family! AND, its a crockpot recipe, so you can just SET IT AND FORGET IT!
4 links (1 pkg.) Greenridge Farm Black Forest Sausages, roughly diced
1 lb ground Italian sausage
1 small yellow or white onion, diced
1 (32 oz) can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
1 cup whole milk
1/3 cup tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and add diced Black Forest Sausages, Italian sausage and onion. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the Italian sausages with a wooden spoon until the meat is browned and onion is soft about 6-9 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to crock pot. Add in remaining ingredients and give it a good stir until everything is combined.
- Set heat to LOW on crockpot and cook for 6-8 hours or 3-4 on HIGH. (we recommend the LOW setting, it allows for all the aromas and flavors to fully incorporate in the sauce.) Stir sauce once or twice an hour.
- If your sauce is soupy, add in a little bit more tomato paste and turn heat up to high and cook for 30 additional minutes until thickened. If your sauce is too thick, add 1/4 cup of water and continue cooking on low until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaf and serve on your favorite pasta. Enjoy 🙂
Share recipe with friends: