Croque Madame is a decedent french cuisine dish and we created our own version. All-Natural Hand Trimmed Ham and our buttery smooth Havarti cheese is sandwiched together between two slices of sour dough bread for a taste you cannot resist!
- 4 slices Greenridge Farm Hand Trimmed Ham
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 3 slices Greenridge Farm Havarti Cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small skillet over medium heat melt 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Add one slice of bread the skillet and let it sit for 2min or until golden brown.
- Place 2 slices of cheese and ham on top of the piece of bread.
- Top the ham with the second slice of bread. Remove from heat.
- Take the remaining butter and melt it over medium heat in the same skillet.
- Return the sandwich to the skillet with the uncooked piece of bread facing down. Cook for 2 min or until the second slice of bread is golden brown.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bread the Mayonnaise on top of the sandwich and add the remaining slice of cheese to it. Place in the oven and cook for 4-5 min or until cheese has melted.
- In the same skillet crack an egg and cook until desired firmness.
- Transfer the sandwich from the baking sheet to a plate, top the sandwich with the egg.
Share recipe with friends: