A delicious veggie and protein-filled quiche that’s perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1, 9-inch pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium leek, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 ounces sliced baby bella or shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Greenridge Farm Champagne Honey Mustard
- 4 to 5 slices Greenridge Farm Lacy Swiss Cheese, torn into small pieces
- 3 links Greenridge Farm Sundried Tomato & Basil Chicken Sausage, cut into small pieces
- 4 slices Greenridge Farm Canadian Bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Line an 11-inch quiche pan with dough. Crimp edges and using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of the crust. Transfer to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line prepared pie shell with parchment paper fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are flakey. Remove from oven and let cool while preparing the filling.
- Whisk together the eggs and heavy cream in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks, shallots and garlic and cook, stirring often for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary and mustard to the skillet and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add Swiss cheese, sausage, ham, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the baked shell. Pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Share recipe with friends: