A salad a day keeps the doctor away, or so what we’ve heard! Try our Honey Chipotle Sausages mixed into layers of rich flavors that forms into a fresh mandarin salad!
- 1 package Greenridge Farm Honey Chipotle Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 c. chopped almonds
- 1/4 head red cabbage, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/4 head green cabbage, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 10.7-ounce can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Add the ingredients of the dressing to a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Alternately, you can add all the ingredients to a mason jar and just give it a good shake.
- To assemble the salad: add all the ingredients together in a large bowl, toss to combine. Add the dressing when ready to serve. The salad is best eaten the first day, it will lose the flavor over time.
Share recipe with friends: