Getting ready for St. Patricks Day or just wanting to enjoy a taste of Ireland give our Irish Mac & Cheese a try! Made with All-Natural Black Forest and Pepper Jack Cheese Sausages.
- 1 pkg Greenridge Farm Black Forest and Pepper Jack Cheese, sliced
- 8 slices Greenridge Farm Applewood bacon, cooked and crumbed
- 1 cup Greenridge Farm Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Greenridge Farm Havarti Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 pound elbow pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 large potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 tsp red chile flakes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups milk
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the potatoes until fork tender. Allow to cool, peel the skins off and shred the potatoes.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat add the onions and garlic. Saute until translucent in color.
- Add the cabbage and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for about 5 min. until soft.
- Toss in the shredded potatoes and remove from heat and Set aside.
- Place the milk and butter in a medium pot over medium heat, simmer. Continuously stir in the flour until thickened. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add all the cheese to the milk mixture and cook until cheese is melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the potatoes mixture. Add in the noodles, cabbage, bacon, sausage and scallions, stir until combined.
- Take the mixture and pour it into a 9×13 baking dish, top with breadcrumbs. Bake for 30min.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Share recipe with friends: