The best homemade pizza recipe made with homemade crust, sliced Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages, and the perfect amount of fresh cheese. Plus, it’s perfect for when you want to skip the take-out.
2 tsp active dry yeast
1 Tbsp honey
1 cup + 5 Tbsp lukewarm water
3 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 pkg Greenridge Farm Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages – sliced into half moons
1 green pepper – thinly sliced
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup pizza sauce
5 oz fresh mozzarella – shredded
Red pepper flakes and shaved parmesan cheese for toppings
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook combine yeast, honey, water and stir well. Let the yeast activate and foam up – about 10 minutes
- Add the flours, olive oil and salt and turn mixer on low until everything is combined. Turn mixer to a medium speed and allow mixer to knead dough for approximately 10 minutes until a soft ball forms. Add a dash a little bit at a time to prevent dough from sticking to the side.
- Transfer dough ball to lightly oiled bowl and cover with damp towel. Set the bowl in a warm place in your kitchen and allow dough to rise until doubled in size, about 1.5 hours.
- With about 30 minutes left on the rise, place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat your oven to 550 degrees. Or as high as it will go.
- Punch down dough and transfer to a lightly floured surface. Split dough in two equal portions and shape into individual balls of dough.
- Working one at a time, roll out dough with a rolling pin into two 12-14 inch circles
- Spread 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on each of the pies leaving 1 inch around the edges bare.
- Top each pizza with half the Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages, half the green pepper slices and half the red onions. Top with fresh mozzarella.
- Cook pizzas on pizza stone for 8-11 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Enjoy!
Share recipe with friends: