previous recipenext recipe
Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage Mac & Cheese
A classic dish with a spicy twist is sure to be a hit at the dinner table! Try our Greenridge Farm Jalapeno & Cheddar Sausage Mac & Cheese, because who doesn’t love sausage, cheese and pasta??
- 1 package Greenridge Farm Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages (4 links used), sliced
- 3 small jalapenos, chopped
- 8 ounces (2 cups) macaroni noodles
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cook macaroni according to package until Al dente
- In a sauce pan melt butter over medium heat, while whisking continuously add in flour until it turns light brown.
- Remove from heat, slowly add milk, stir until thickened.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder and ground mustard to the sauce mixture.
- Return the pan back to the heat, slowly add cheese, stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Toss the cooked noodles, sausage (Greenridge Farm sausage comes already fulling cooked) and peppers into the sauce. Leave over heat until sausage is warmed throughout.
Share recipe with friends: