Breakfast in bed is always a good idea, so treat yourself with a breakfast that not only looks and tastes delicious but is good for you too!
- 5 Greenridge Farm Kale & Asiago Cheese Sausages, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into small squares
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes, stir and flip potatoes occasionally.
- Toss the sausages, red onions and oregano in with the potatoes. Continue cooking for an additional 5-7 minutes until everything is golden brown and crispy.
- In a separate pan, heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Place kale in the pan and saute until tender.
- Combine kale and sweet potato mixture in serving bowl.
- Top with soft boiled egg (see instructions below), season with salt and pepper to taste.
Soft boil eggs:
- Fill a sauce pan with a few inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to create a rapid simmer.
- Add one cracked egg to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove egg with a slotted spoon and allow to cool for 30 seconds.
- Place atop kale and sweet potato mixture.
Share recipe with friends: