Warm up with a hot soup on those chilly nights! Our Lasagna Beef Sausage Soup will warm you up from your head to your toes! Enjoy with the family for dinner and perfect for leftovers the next day!
- 4 links Greenridge Farm Beef Sausage, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (24 oz.) can of pasta sauce
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add beef sausage and onion, cook until beef sausage has browned and heated through, stir occasionally.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add tomato Sauce, 6 cups chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and lasagna noodles.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender (20-30 min.) Stir occasionally.
- Discard bay leaf and stir in the remainder 2 cups of chicken broth.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Share recipe with friends: