Be the star at the next family gathering by bringing our Load mashed Potatoes! Creamy potatoes topped with all the right ingredients will have everyone going back for seconds!
- 12 slices Greenridge Farm Applewood Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Greenridge Farm Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 4 lbs. potatoes, chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- salt and pepper for taste
- In a large pot add the potatoes and cover with water, season with salt. Bring the potatoes to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook the potatoes for 20 min or until the potatoes can be pierced with a fork. Drain the water and return the potatoes to the pot.
- With a potato masher or hand blender beat the potatoes until smooth. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan add the butter and milk. Cook for medium heat until the butter has completely melted. Pour this mixture over the potatoes and stir until creamy.
- Add the sour cream, bacon, cheddar cheese and chives to the potatoes. Mix until there is an even consistency.
- sprinkle salt and pepper for taste.
- Garnish with more cheese, chives, sour cream and bacon.
Share recipe with friends: