previous recipenext recipe
Ooey Gooey Breakfast Sandwiches
Perfect for weekend breakfast or brunch. Prep and make ahead to keep overnight.
- 12 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 links Greenridge Farm Black Forest Pork Sausage, sliced in half moons
- 1 Greenridge Farm Beef Snack Stick, sliced in thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 english muffins
- Butter for spreading
- 6-7 slices Greenridge Farm Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 6-7 slices Greenridge Farm Uncured Caminito Ham of the bone
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large bowl whisk together, eggs, milk, seasonings, sausage, beef stick and green onion.
- Coat a cast iron skillet in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour egg mixture into skillet and bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Allow omelet to cool in skillet for 5 minutes, remove omelet from skillet onto a large cutting board. Using a 3.5″ circle cookie cutter, cut 7 omelet circles (if you’re using a slightly bigger cutter, you may only get 6 circles)
- To assemble sandwiches, butter tops and bottoms of english muffins. Layer with muffin bottom, 1 slice of ham, 1 omelet circle, 1 slice of cheese and top of muffin. Place on a cookie sheet or 9X13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and muffins are toasted.
*Note: If you want to make ahead, you can refrigerate the omelet circles for 3-5 days in an airtight container. You can also completely assemble each sandwich and store in the refrigerator overnight and put straight into the oven in the morning.
Share recipe with friends: