These South American-style stuffed peppers are a perfect entrée or appetizer for any party!
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 poblano peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 links Greenridge Farm Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1, 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place poblano peppers in a single layer on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Combine quinoa and water in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, then let simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sausage, black beans, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper to skillet. Continue cooking until most of the lime juice is absorbed, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add cooked quinoa; stir to combine.
- Transfer filling equally between poblano pepper halves. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Share recipe with friends: