Enjoy this hearty soup on a brisk fall afternoon with family and friends. The perfect soup for an Oktoberfest celebration and for warming you up on those chilly nights!
- 4 Greenridge Farm German Bratwursts, sliced
- 1 pound tiny new red potatoes, sliced in fourths
- 1 1/2 small onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 cups Bavarian-style sauerkraut
- 29 oz. beef broth (~2 cans)
- 1 Tbsp Greenridge Farm Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- Slice Greenridge Farm German Bratwursts in 1/4″ pieces.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté bratwurst slices until golden brown. Set aside.
- Combine red potatoes, onions, celery, garlic, bay leaves, sauerkraut and browned German Bratwursts in a slow cooker.
- In separate bowl, whisk together broth, mustard, vinegar, paprika, fennel seeds and caraway seeds and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Discard the bay leaves.
Share recipe with friends: