The combination of Kale & Asiago Chicken Sausages, caramelized onion and ooey gooey cheese makes this the perfect sandwich! Enjoy it anytime of the year for lunch or with the family at dinner!
- 4 Greenridge Farm Kale & Asiago Chicken Sausages, sliced length wise and then in half
- 1/2 medium onion, half ring slices
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 large lemon wedge (juiced)
- 4 Greenridge Farm Havarti Cheese Slices
- 4 thick slices white bread
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice sausage length wise and then in half.
- Place in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until heated throughout.
- Add onions, pinch of salt and 1 Tbsp butter to skillet. Cook until onions are caramelized.
- Mix in kale with a pinch of salt and pepper and cover skillet until leaves begin to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice to the skillet, mix.
- Pile half of the Havarti Cheese on 1 slice of bread and layer with kale mixture, sausage and remaining cheese. Place the second piece of bread on top and cover outsides of both bread slices with remaining butter.
- Grill sandwich in a pan over medium heat, until both sides are golden brown and cheese has melted.
Share recipe with friends: