previous recipenext recipe
Sausage Pepper and Onion Pizza Hoagies
A new twist on pizza with these deliciously loaded sausage, pepper and onion hoagie sandwiches. Great family dish for any busy night of the week!
4 hoagie sandwich rolls
1 package Greenridge Farm Smoked Fresh Polish Sausage, sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced thin
1 small yellow or white onion, sliced thin
3/4 cup marinara sauce
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic powder
4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Cook sausages in pan until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add another tsp of olive oil and toss in green peppers and onions.
- Sauté for 5 minutes until peppers and onions have softened.
- Pour in marinara sauce and sprinkle 1 tsp oregano, mix together fully.
- Spray 9″ x 13″ baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Open 1 hoagie roll and spread with a little bit of butter and sprinkle with a bit of garlic powder. Fill hoagie with 1/4 of the sausage mixture and add to prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining rolls and remaining sausage mixture.
- Add 1 piece of cheese to the top of each hoagie and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot. Enjoy!
Share recipe with friends: