previous recipenext recipe
Sausage Potato & Cabbage Soup
Easy to make, warm and comforting sausage potato & cabbage soup! Full of flavor and great nutrients, this soup will keep you warm on a cool spring day.
1 package Greenridge Farm Smoked Fresh Polish Sausage
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 large celery stalks, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 small cabbage, chopped into small-medium pieces
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chicken stock or chicken bone broth
1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, diced
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary, stem removed and chopped
2 bay leaves
sea salt and pepper
- Add olive oil and sausage to large stockpot and cook over medium heat until sausage is browned and beautiful. Use slotted spoon to transfer sausage to a bowl.
- Add onion, celery and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add cabbage and garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add the chicken stock or bone broth, potatoes, bay leaves and seasonings and stir to combine. Cook soup until it reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to desired taste.
- Serve warm with crackers! Will keep in a sealed container in fridge for up to 3 days.
Share recipe with friends: