previous recipenext recipe
Smoked Sausage & Beer Cheese Soup
Cold weather calls for warm meals and that means soup!! Bring the summer vibes of grilling back with our smoked sausage & beer cheese soup!
- 8 Greenridge Farm Smoked Brats, sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1½ lbs Cheddar Cheese, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup beer of choice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large pot add the butter and saute the onions and celery, until translucent in color.
- Toss in the sausages and cook until heated through.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 15 min.
- With a potato masher, mash the potatoes while in the pot.
- Add the milk, cream, beer, cheese and pepper. Cook for an additional 10 min, or until the cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Stir occasionally.
- Serve and garnish with parsley.
Share recipe with friends: